Food as Medicine
Food IS Medicine
Our bodies are the most phenomenal, exquisite and profound chemical factories ever designed. Greater than any pharmaceutical company ever developed. However, as with any formula, you must start with the right ingredients. If any are missing then the formula will get modified and turn out something that was not intended.
- Rickets – Deficiency of Vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate
- Scurvy - A diet lacking in Vitamin C
- Pellagra – Deficiency of Niacin, part of the vitamin B complex
- Osteoporosis – Deficiency in Calcium and Low Estrogen
- Type II Diabetes – Excess weight and inactivity – unbalanced eating habits
- Hypertension – Increased risk from being Overweight or Obese
- Acne - Hormones, which can be somewhat controlled by what you eat
- Allergies – Overactive immune system – body inflammation
- Susceptibility to bugs and viruses – Underactive immune system
- Sleep Disorders – Sleep Apnea – overweight and obesity contribute
- Inflammation – Colitis – unbalanced gut bacteria – long transit time
- Acid Reflux – being overweight or obese
- Depression – unbalanced hormones – overweight and obesity linked
Everything listed, in some way or another, can be linked to what foods you eat or don't eat. How you eat them, when you eat them and the amounts you ingest. The Energy expended for digestion cannot be used for the immune system.
If you are confused and your future seems bleak and hopeless -- Let us help you break the cycle. Learn the Habits of Health!
How healthy are you?
Take the Health Assessment and get back to us at 619-596-6920 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us to discuss these topics!
Free Health Coaching – provided by the "Together i Can Group"
December 10, 2014
Habits of Health Weekly Meeting - Learn the habits of life that will either promote you or those that will demote you. Join in the discussion every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 pm where we address all the issues.
Read our articles on health and weight loss packed with valuable information, tips and techniques to curb the cravings, enhance your energy and build a better, healthier you.
Personalized Health Coaching by Certified Health Coaches – To meet Your needs.