To develop our WHY's and to understand the Slight Edge Philosophy, we need to acknowledge the YET's.
We convince ourselves that because we have no obvious or apparent disease in the present moment that we are healthy. The denial that we have nothing going on, could be harmful to us and could even be deadly.
Where will our present experiences take us? What are the YET's we are to still experience? Are there indicators that we should be acknowledging today? We are today, what we practiced yesterday and the days before.
What are some of the YET's we are experiencing today that if we would've taken measures earlier in our lives to correct, we wouldn't be living in misery today?
- How many knee or hip replacements could have been avoided?
- Could we have avoided degenerative joint disease?
- Could we have avoided having statins prescribed for our high cholesterol?
- Could we have avoided type two diabetes?
- Could we have avoided high blood pressure, and heart arrhythmia?
- Could we have avoided cardiovascular disease?
- Could we have avoided developing gout?
- Could we have avoided the migraines that we now experience?
- Could we have avoided fatty liver disease?
- Could we have avoided depression?
- Could we have avoided sleep apnea?
- Could we have avoided asthma?
- Could we have avoided Gerd, IBS and other intestinal problems?
- Could we have avoided stress urinary incontinence?
- Could we have improved our overall quality of life?
All of the above tie in to being overweight or obese!
We could add another list that smokers could avoid by quitting smoking.
(Lung cancer heads the list.)
We could add another list that heavy drinkers could avoid by avoiding alcohol.
(Cirrhosis of the liver is at the top of the list.)
Ask yourself; "if I had the choice would I bring any of those things into my life?"
Know that by not making a conscious choice to avoid them, you are making a choice to experience them later in life. The coming of the YET's!
How do you avoid the YET's?
= by incorporating Slight Edge into your life on a daily basis:
- By practicing Slight Disciplines, minor changes that have a profound effect over a long period of time.
- By avoiding Slight Errors in Judgment that will have the same profound effect over a long period of time.
No matter the condition, no matter how old you are, Slight Edge, used properly, will lead to a better life experience. (make implementing Simple Disciplines a habit)
It is you, who has responsibility for making those choices, whether they be Simple Disciplines or Slight Errors in Judgment.
It is you who gets to determine whether something is working for you, or working against you.
If you are at the point where you are gaining, just a few extra pounds every year, know that the choices you are making are working against you.
Our senior years are meant to be enjoyed, not racked with aches, pains and misery.
The choices you make today will have a profound effect, on how you will experience those final years.
Join us to discuss these topics!
Free Health Coaching – provided by the "Together i Can Group"
September 2, 2015
Habits of Health Weekly Meeting - Learn the habits of life that will either promote you or those that will demote you. Join in the discussion every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 pm where we address all the issues.
Read our articles on health and weight loss packed with valuable information, tips and techniques to curb the cravings, enhance your energy and build a better, healthier you.
Personalized Health Coaching by Certified Health Coaches – To meet Your needs.