Past Topics : Habits of Health Tuesdays
Success being: “Progressive Realization of a Worthy Idea”
Incorporating Slight Edge into the Law of Success – by using The Law of Cycles
By observing the planets, the tide, sunrise and sunset, plus our own breath, we can conclude that it appears that the universe is operating in a cyclic manner.
Things go up and then come down. Things get better and then they deteriorate and get worse before they get better again. If things weren’t cyclic, we would never be able to determine whether one thing was better than another. There would be no reference point with which to judge good from bad.
The Law of Success can be looked at as nothing more than a cycle.
1. The first thing to do is open your mind and identify the thing that is holding you back from progressing towards your goal (Mindfulness). Pay attention to what is going on, and evaluate and determine if your life is moving in a positive or negative direction.
2. The second step is to apply that new information by acknowledging that change must occur, then take action and do the thing you know would improve your life.
3. The third thing to do is review how it turned out. Did it work out the way you expected? If so, continue to do it. If not, then take steps of correction. Modify the way you thought or the action you took. Just don’t quit and go back to the old way of doing things.
4. Repeat the process with the correction incorporated.
Learn, Do, Review and then repeat with correction in mind.
Practice Simple Disciplines vs. Slight Errors in Judgement.
This is putting the process of Slight Edge to work for you in the simplest way. Practicing Simple Disciplines leads to well-being. If and when we make a Slight Error in Judgment, as soon as we recognize that error, we correct it, then apply the correction and continue our journey, using a new Simple Discipline.
If something is not working in your life, you have only two choices.
1. Accept the situation
2. Become willing to make change.
The Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
May you be blessed with discernment!
May you be blessed with the willingness to change those things you can!
Join us every Tuesday night to discuss these topics!
Free Health Coaching – provided by the "Together i Can Group"
July 13, 2015
Habits of Health Tuesdays - Learn the habits of life that will either promote you or those that will demote you. Join in the discussion on Tuesday nights from 6 to 7:30 pm where we address all the issues.
Read our articles on health and weight loss packed with valuable information, tips and techniques to curb the cravings, enhance your energy and build a better, healthier you.
Personalized Health Coaching by Certified Health Coaches – To meet Your needs.