Past Topics : Habits of Health Tuesdays
1. Sucrose – Sugar is absorbed directly from the stomach into the bloodstream, creating blood sugar spiking, which in turn creates Insulin spiking. Over time, this can lead to insulin resistance, type II diabetes, and other blood disorders. The list includes: candy, cakes, donuts, pies, ice cream—you get the picture.
2. A diet that consumes more than 5% of red meats in the overall diet. In the book “China Study,” it talks about studies that confirmed that eating over 5% of your diet in red meat activates the carcinogens in the body, leading to cancer.
3. Alcohol – 7 calories per gram – High in complex sugars. Also, alcohol must use a two-stage breakdown process by the liver before it can be eliminated by the body. First Stage breakdown turns it into formaldehyde, a poison.
4. Fats (Saturated) or hydrogenated fats (Deep Fat Fried Foods). Many studies show the detrimental effects of these fats. Fat should never make up more than 20 to 25% of a person’s diet.
5. Foods that are White – over processed foods – These foods are typically high in sugar content (High on the glycemic index) and contain minimal nutrients.
6. Processed meats (Bacon, Sausage, Ham, Hot Dogs – contain high amounts of sodium plus nitrates that can easily turn into carcinogens.
7. Fruit Juice – lack of bulk – lack of fiber – high on the glycemic index.
8. Most Cereals – over processed – typically high in sugar and sodium content.
9. Many Syrups (High Fructose Corn Syrup) – plus artificial coloring.
10. Most smoothies – Contain too many servings of fruit in one serving. High in sugar content.
11. Energy Drinks – Sports Drinks – Stimulants (caffeine, sodium and sugar abundant), plus other processing additives (artificial chemical conglomerations)
12. Chips and Dip – Over processed – chemical additives and typically lots of sodium. Most dips contain a high amount of saturated fats.
Join us to discuss these topics!
For more information read our other articles or contact us today!
Free Health Coaching – provided by the "Together i Can Group"
April 24, 2018
« Go to Current Events
« Go to Past Events
« Go to Articles
Habits of Health Weekly Meeting - Learn the habits of life that will either promote you or those that will demote you. Join in the discussion every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 pm where we address all the issues.
Read our articles on health and weight loss packed with valuable information, tips and techniques to curb the cravings, enhance your energy and build a better, healthier you.
Personalized Health Coaching by Certified Health Coaches – To meet Your needs.