Habits of Health Weekly Meeting
Indicators of Disease
Simple tests or checks to help create awareness
Incrementalism – the small changes that occur over time without the mind recognizing that change has occurred.
Without awareness of change we become oblivious to the downward spiral that takes place within the body.
No one feels cholesterol building up in the blood vessels. Sometimes the first awareness that takes place is a heart attach or a stroke.
Many times atrial fibrillation takes place without the person being aware that it is happening.
Blood pressure can rise to undesirable levels without one being aware, until it is too late.
Fatigue, headaches, weakened immune system, dry skin, bowel issues can all be indicators of poor hydration.
Staying worried or anxious over a long period of time can lead to an autoimmune conditions, such as Fibromyalgia.
1. Is your Blood Pressure above 120/80 mmHg
2. Blood sugar levels above 140 mg/dL – Increased thirst, fatigue, shortness of breath, dry mouth can all indicate a high blood sugar condition.
3. Normal Temperature above or below 97 and 99 degrees – Fever indicators may be sweating, chills and shivering headaches, irritability.
4. Oxygen Levels below 97 % - symptoms – shortness of breath, dizziness, rapid breathing, chest pain, confusion.
5. Acid / Alkaline reading never going below a min of 7.0 – indicators that the body cells are acidic may be: feeling weak, tired, and having low energy. Other symptoms include experiencing agitation, anxiety, panic attacks and depression. Skin problems or generalized aches and pain may be other indicators.
6. Maintaining a BMI above 25 – main unrecognized symptom is systemic inflammation.
7. Body fat percentage above (men 14 to 17%)(women 21-24%)
8. If waist to hip ration is above (men 0.96) (women 0.81)
9. Having to take any medications to maintain bodily function
10. Drinking Alcohol
11. Smoking Cigarettes or Marijuana or Vaping
12. If your C-Reactive Protein levels get over 10 mg/L
13. If your stress test levels are always in the black.
14. If your sleep hours fall below 6.5 to 7 hours per night.
15. If your normal gut transit time is above 16 to 18 hours.
16. A Skin fold test can remind us of how good our hydration is.
17. One foot / eyes closed balance test (stay balanced for min. of 30 seconds)
18. If you are winded after climbing 3 flights of stairs.
19. For women – Breast awareness – bumps, lumps, tenderness
20. Normal Heart Rate
a. Resting heart rate should be below 70 BPM
b. Sitting heart rate should be below 85 BPM
c. Standing heart rate should be below 100 BMP
d. Maximum heart rate - calculated – the number 205 minus one-half your age.
e. Aerobic work out range 65 to 75 % of max. heart rate
21. Spending a lot of time worrying or of being anxious leads one towards dis-ease.
The main importance of this list is to help a person develop an increased awareness of how the body is functioning.
Many say that pain is our friend. By that they mean that it reminds us that something is going on that we need to be aware of and take care of. The faster we can recognize that something is going on in the body the faster we can take steps to remedy that situation.
God designed into every individual the ability to heal. Any dis-ease that we develop, can be undeveloped, if caught before it permeates the mind and the body. Suffering for suffering’s sake can also be called a dis-ease.
Together (with bodily and mental awareness) i Can
Join us to discuss these topics!
Free Health Coaching – provided by the "Together i Can Group"
Together i Can Inc.
March 1, 2022
Habits of Health Weekly Meeting - Learn the habits of life that will either promote you or those that will demote you. Join in the discussion every Wednesday night from 6 to 8 pm where we address all the issues.
Read our articles on health and weight loss packed with valuable information, tips and techniques to curb the cravings, enhance your energy and build a better, healthier you.
Personalized Health Coaching by Certified Health Coaches – To meet Your needs.